Cool Stuff

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Alternate Friday Night Game

Every Friday, our group meets and plays any number of games.  The original group was Tuesday night, but some of the players that showed up for Tuesday stopped showing up or moved too far away to commute with the current economical crunch.  So then we were just three and we played the Star Wars games, some Rifts games, a new World of Darkness game and I think we had a Pathfinder in the mix as well and a few Dungeons and Dragons version 3.5 games, however, our group expanded again and moved to Friday nights.

Since moving to Friday nights, we have had a Star Wars game, and currently two D&D 3.5 games.  Now the game I am running the players tend to enjoy, or at least that's the feedback I get and have been preparing them for the last couple of months, since we didn't play my game and they asked me when it was coming back, I've been telling them that I've been trying to kill them off.  We finally have enough players where I can actually stop playing my characters as PCs and run them as NPCs so they don't have to be there for the combat anymore.  Anyways, the reason I have brought the game back is because they asked and now I actually have a reason as to why I am trying to kill the PCs, I want to run Call of Cthulhu.

I have actually started writing my very first scenario for Call of Cthulhu and hopefully, when finished, will submit to Chaosium to see if they can or will publish it.  So, I like running the 1920s era since it's actually easier from the lack of computers.  People actually had to figure shit out and not just go,"I'll Google it."  No offense Google, I love you guys.  However, as a keeper for CoC, I prefer running in the 1920s.  I guess its just personal preference.  Classic they call it, and classic it shall remain.

I figured I owed everyone an update and being as I have today off and am at a stepping stone, that I would write a quick little blog explaining on what should happen in the near future.  If by some miracle, the monsters I have lined up for my players in my D&D game don't survive and the players once again find themselves skirting death, I will do a one shot CoC game to test out the waters and put the D&D on the back burner until after the one shot CoC.

Until next time, Safe gaming and Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment