Cool Stuff

Monday, May 13, 2013

Call of Cthulhu online

So, yesterday was a great day.  Worked a little in the morning, left early cause it was slow, came home to have brunch with my Mom and two sisters, then I get online and go to the forum for Call of Cthulhu, Yog-Sothoth, and I have two private messages.  I'm like, "What's going on?"

I open the first and it's an invite to play Call of Cthulhu online.  I am literally jumping up and down in my chair at this point.  So I message him back saying, "Would love to, when?"

Then I open the other message, its for the GM, the one they call Keeper, and he's like message me, this is my Skype.  I'm like, "Sweet!"

So I go to download Skype, and because I am so happy, I totally click on the wrong link and like 5 different programs were installed on my computer.  So another hour uninstalling crap and installing the real Skype.  After getting that done, I get in touch with the Keeper of the Call of Cthulhu game and I download Mumble, which we are using for voice with a push to talk option.  So far so good, now I get invited to the Hangout on Google+ and go to the Roll20 option and then because of Adobe update, too much shit running on my computer at the same time, old 2004 Acer with Vista and 2GB of RAM,  system crash.  After waiting for 30 minutes for it to catch up, I said, "screw it!"

I shut it down by pushing and holding the button.  A big no-no if you know computers.  Anyways, last resort,  after the computer shut down, started it right away, another no-no, gotta wait like 20-30 seconds before hitting the power button to turn it on again.

Computers on, Norton wants to update, what the crap!

So, turn Norton off and shut down all unnecessary background programs, and start all over again with getting into mumble server, starting Skye, get the invite for the hangout, no problems so far, start Roll20, system crash.

I hate my computer.

Ended up using my Mom's faster and 4GB RAM computer, no problems, all I had to do is download mumble and load an update for google+ and hangouts, which didn't even need cuz her default browser is Internet Explorer.  She hasn't joined the Chrome world yet, even though Chrome is on her computer.

Anyways, long story short, I finally got my Character rolled up for next Sunday and he's a criminal.

Until next time, safe gaming and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment