Cool Stuff

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Irendi continued

After spending the night in the Shield and Shingle, I meet High Priest Forgrim in the morning outside the Church of Ilustree.  I talk with him about getting property to start a temple to my deity, Hiteh.  He tells me that the church across the way is no longer in use.  I ask what the price on the temple would be and he replies that it would be 6000 gold.  I asked what they would take as down payment.  He said ten percent, so Fugelsang and I came up with the deposit and received the keys for the church and went to go check on our acquisition.   We searched inside and noted the improvements to be made.  Went and hired laborers skilled in carpentry and woodworking to build pews and St. Andrew crosses for worship to Hiteh.  Also hired some menial labor to clean the place.  Received a generous donation to help get the Church of Hiteh started of 500 gold.  The Church is located in the temple district of Ford North.  After procuring the temple, we went to investigate South Spur and ended up finding a place with Hiteh's symbol upon the doorway.  While I went inside to investigate, my party was attacked by a group of grimlocks, about 5, and they defeated them quite easily.  I picked up a cat o' nine tails at the shop.  After I left the store and met with my fellow adventurers, we watched the king or duke or leader of the city give a talk from his residence in the Baron's Keep.  He was probably the Baron.  Noticed a strange creature behind him, found out later that it was an illithid.  Went for a stroll after Fugelsang departed and the rest stayed discussing something.  Ended up being attacked within some kind of concealed or shady area by an aberrant creature which was summoned by a female summoner, who got away after the others showed up.  Fugelsang had been caught in the same shroud, but on the other side of the creature and we met up during the combat before the others arrived.
After searching the area where the summoner had vanished, we discovered the Temple of Lathidus surrounded by shadow and dark mist.  Met Concha, aka Shelly, being dragged away from the temple by two cultists.  Dispatched the cultists and headed to the Owlbear Arms, afterwards headed to bookstore, The Reality Wrinkle, and was beset by a gibbering mouther, which we defeated and encountered an even larger one downstairs and ended the weary fight by killing the bookstore owner, who was controlling the mouthers.  We now control a bookstore.  That night while resting, I have a dream of Hiteh talking with an Elvish women and a dwarf.  The words I remember from the dream simply say, "Must find Anya before chaos gets out of control."

At this point, I believe the Church of Ilustree burns down.  We also defeat some were-rats in the Clock Tower.

We go looking for the Fiendish Elasmosaurus in the Brinding River by the halfling village contained upon some river barges.  Stonedrake crosses the river and gets some amulets that hide us from the invisible Hellhounds from the Druids camped on the other side.  Defeat the Elasmosaurus.  Find out about a merchant hired to leave town to do something, finding out what's going on.  While we were in the halfling village, the baron passed a decree locking the entrance and exit of all people in the town, we just got back into town.

I ended up doing some research in our bookstore, and found out about Fort Sunnydale (Opportunidad), found a smut book with pictures, very graphic, a cookbook for squid, thought it would be great for preparing illithid, and the book on theology and cosmology I was originally looking for.  I learned the following from that last tome:
Anya is the bastard child of Arden, mother unknown
Legend that mother is mortal
Anya is a kleptomaniac and if she stays in one place for too long, one day or more, chaos ensues
Anya is demure, has straight light-colored hair, petite build

Stonedrake shows up while I'm doing my research and tells me that the creature behind the baron was an illithid.  I tell  him I just found a cookbook on how to make squid.  We leave together and walk towards the church of Arden.

We enter the temple, see a huge pillar of fire which is a portal to Hell Plane.  We find two closets, leave, enter the south wing, coup-de-grace  a hell-hound, defeat two clerics of Azhull, moving on, find another cleric of Azhull and I slit his throat, found two privies, went upstairs, defeated a tiefling, found balcony, closed the fire portal with my turning undead power (DMs call on that one).  After closing, encountered a large Bone Devil and defeated him, but was one hell of a fight.  We rested in the room where we defeated the tiefling.

Next morning, Stonedrake is gone, cannot find, go searching.  We see his dead body on the street and meet Cyrus, an Ebon Saint.

That is where we have left off.  I will have this game this Friday and hopefully will be able to update this story on a more regular basis.  Some parts of this story are blank, either I didn't take notes or don't remember what happened.  I do apologize for that.  It doesn't seem any of my fellow gaming group care to read much on the blog, and I do have the worst memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment