Cool Stuff

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Star Wars D20 Revised Session 12

I wake up in the morning.  I arise and get dressed for breakfast.  After breakfast, a young padawan informs us to meet an unknown master outside for training.  We go outside and meet this master, a male human Jedi and await his explanation.  The master tells us that he will test our battle readiness using battle droids on the nearby platform as he points towards it.  Fra'll and I are sluggish after breakfast, but Fra'll a little more so.  We defeat two sets of four battle droids.  The second set of droids was tougher to defeat.  Sparred with a different young padawan.  We were evenly matched, but he eluded my hits even when it felt like I hit him.  Afterwords, we were told to report to the speeder bay.  When we get there, we get a speeder each and told to follow two masters to a temporary forward base and we hear blaster pistols being fired nearby when we arrive.  We arrive at some temple and see old droids defending the temple.  We are told that the old droids are protecting the Ruins of Kaleth, which is precisely where we are headed.  Inside the ruin grounds stands a tree that is massively tall.  The grounds are in a figure eight shape while the tree is in the center of the figure.  The tree has droids on either side of it, but with the two masters with us, they are easily defeated.  When we get past the tree, we head up some stairs that were hidden and find a platform with a green crystal in the center.  The masters tell me to meditate in front of the crystal and then move a boulder about 20 meters in diameter out of the way.  That didn't quite work.  Then told to survey the area, didn't find anything.  Told to search again, more carefully, and Fra'll and I find a hidden room with a hole in the ground that we found from a sound of metal ringing coming from it.  The hole is approximately three meters deep.  I find a ladder leading down.  We clear the debris on top of the ladder, mostly some shrubs and some rocks.  The hole with the ladder, which isn't the other hole we found, leads down and we descend.  I go down three meters and lose the sense of the force.  When I reach ten meters, I can sense the force again.  I stepped on a rung and I was told that it moved a couple centimeters and when I did, we heard a power generator fire up.  I reached the bottom and find myself in a large room.  I hear the sound of my feet on a metal floor.  The room starts to illuminate.  The ladder we descended was small, like the kind they used in the manhole tunnels they use on Corruscant.  I see that the room started about one meter after I started my descent and the ladder is about 30 meters long.  The room looks like a giant square with a giant cube in the middle.  The cube is approximately 28m x 28m x 15m tall.  We followed the wall of the cube and found one door that led inside, but the door has no knob.  The door instead has a cube protruding out of it approximately 25cm x 25cm x25cm.  Blow the dust off the cube and discover writing that is in basic.

This is where we left off.  Mainly because he hadn't come up with what was written on the cube.  If this seems at all familiar to any of you it may be because he is using the new Old Republic Star Wars game that is online for this.  Since neither Luis or I play this game, we don't have any worries.  Until next time, safe gaming and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment